What has been achieved this past year?
- Built a team around the Buku project which is building j Count® an Accountancy and other products program.
- Taken JADER Ltd for a walk as a Microsoft Partner.
- Becoming a better person, no mean feat for someone carrying a diagnosis of Bipolar.
- Did not have a holiday as was too engrossed in work 🙂
- Went Motorcycling as much as I could.
- Found out some limits of tiredness which help me measure the boundaries of my health.
- Did one load of coding in ASP.NET C# and related languages.
Does that make me feel accomplished?? Well, the answer to that is yes.
My Team’s achievements:
- Testing Testing Testing, as Brett puts it.
- Starting with a great specification, thank you, Suzanne. I have to admit from my perspective, I have been doing proof of concepts a bit and when this settles down I shall start working to the specification a bit more.
- Keith has been telling me to improve some of my loose codings, and I have been obliging. Still a way to go here, although some of my ideas are more sound and based on previously unthought-of concepts. I just have not had time to develop my argument for keeping some of the rather odd concepts. In my opinion, though, coding is a loose concept based on tight rules and if it works it often does not need fixing. I continue to challenge what the best practice is that people advise. 🙂
- Jill works very thoroughly and sends excellent emails with a lot of “meat” to chew on. Being an Accountant means she has a wealth of knowledge for the project to exploit, and is a tremendous boon, without taking anything away from the rest of the team.
- Ruth started off not liking the product so much, although we had some fun testing it. She has since admitted to liking the product somewhat 🙂
- Alice has been helpful right from when she started using the first incarnation of the project about 5 or so years ago.
Merry Christmas to all the team and anyone who reads this Blog.